Computers for You
Computers just for teens!
- Four computers just for teens in the Reference area.
- Laptops available at the Boys’ & Girls’ Circulation desk.
- Teens can check out a laptop once a day; good for in library use for 1 hour.
Laptop Policies and Procedures
- The laptops are available to teens only (ages 13 – 17)
- Teens must relinquish their library card AND a picture id (i.e. license, school id, YMCA, etc.) in order to check out a laptop. Card and id will be returned when the laptop is checked back in.
- The laptops circulate for 1 hour.
- At 1 hour, 1 minute the teen will be assessed a $10 fine, and an additional $10 fine every hour thereafter.
- Any damage or defacement of the laptop will incur fines to cover repair costs.
- The laptops have a timer that can be started by the TEEN, this is NOT the official time for use. The check out receipt has the exact time of check out on it.
- The laptop must be handed to a staff member that is working at the desk. It may not be returned in the book drop. The laptop is still checked out to the teen until they have been told otherwise.